Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just for Starters..... Food for Thought.

I feel like Carrie Bradshaw. Only instead of writing about sex, I'll write about food. There are, however, some things the two have in common. They both provide physical and emotional comfort - and they both inspire lots of discussion. I'm sticking with the food angle, though. And good thoughts.
My thought for the day - why is it so often when you need things the most - you want them the least? Like food and water when you are sick (as I am today). Or when you are lonely and sad, and what you need is companionship and support - but you just want to crawl up under the covers and be left alone. It doesn't make sense. Why don't we crave what we need? And stay away from things we don't. Wow. Don't think I can answer that one here. Didn't mean to come out of the gates so heavy.
So back to food. Yes, I am sick. But I am having Oklahoma Joe's Bar-B-Que for dinner tonight. Honestly. It's listed as one of the thirteen places you have to eat before you die. And I'm not THAT sick. Not sure who made up the list... I'll have that as my homework. Now, I'm curious about the other twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment