Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Slumps Happen. What's a Girl To Do?

It's April, and that means baseball season is officially here. As a true blue Royals fan, that always comes with some trepidation. What will this year be like? Will I sit through game after game of 7th inning disasters? Will I see the starting pitchers walk player after player? Will I witness promising young hitters slide into a slump? Most likely, yes. Because slumps happen. To all of us, on and off the field. At any time. Perhaps when we least expect it. Perhaps for no known reason. And just like struggling baseball players, each of us need help to pull us through the slumps of life. I've been through one just recently, and I'm grateful for my "coaches". I'm grateful for my walking buddies, for my steadfast husband (my number one fan), for my long-distance girlfriend who feels like she's right next door, for my parents who gave me the foundation to know that faith and hard work will win the day, for my lunch bunch who knows me inside and out, and for my siblings who somehow knew what I needed without me ever asking. In this case, food was not the answer. It was about friendship and love, support and advise, new tools in my tool belt. In the big scheme of things, my slump didn't last too long. Now, if only the Royals could be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment