Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Healing Power of Food.

I had lunch with my high school girl friends this week. Again. Just like I have been having lunch with them for the past (ummmm) several decades. How lucky are we? Every other month I get to sit around a table and share love and laughter with some of my favorite people in the world. And it always involves a meal. Why is that I wonder? It's not like we are so efficient that we have to kill two birds with one stone (although there have been times in our lives that more than one of us have been a bit harried, to say the least). It's more than our innate ability to multi-task. And I suspect it's more than simply a good excuse (after all, we have to eat).

I think it is the healing power of food. Our lunchtime together has healed our respective life's wounds and propelled us forward. Through thick and thin, births and deaths, joys and sorrows. From mexican favorites, to skip the fries - and dressing-on-the-side salads; from trendy to traditional; from cheap to chic. The lunches are never the same. But they are always great. No matter how good the food is, though, the company is always the icing on the cake.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to like this - it makes me smile. It's fun to be a 'fly on your wall' (or listening to your thoughts). The creative Mindy is so interesting to me. You must note though, that my comments will come at the midnight hour. I'm hitting deep sleep when you're pouring that first cup of coffee at the crack of dawn. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete