Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Thank You Note from One Happy Diner

I've never really thought of myself as a foodie. I don't have (a) enough income, (b) culinary knowledge, or (c) social ambition - my previous parameters to fit the foodie definition. But I do LOVE food. So maybe I am. A foodie, that is. Last night, I was treated to the most wonderfully simple - yet elegant - dinner at a friend's house. The "chef" was a French cook from the Dordogne region of the country and staying here in KC for several weeks. How could turnips (which I have never had before) taste so good? What's up with the celery root? I don't even know what it looks like in the store. And I can't remember when I've seen carrots on anything but a cold vegetable tray (served here in a towering terrine of sorts). I was in heaven. From start to the apple-tart end. Thank you Anne, for expanding my food horizons, and Jim and Kathy for a lovely evening. Foodie or not, I am a happy diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment